Long-wearing lip colors are rising in popularity,Apply a thin layer of lipstick, then dust on a very small amount of sheer powder onto the lips..
Long Lasting Lips - Options and Makeup Tips
One of the biggest concerns most women have has to do with maintaining those beautiful lips once lipstick or lip gloss has been applied. Most of us have very busy schedules, and having to reapply lip color can be a real inconvenience.
The below options and tips can help you maintain those lips with a busy lifestyle, or for special events like a wedding or special date.
1. Lip Stains are available in a variety of colors, although not as common as the everyday lipstick colors. They usually come packaged in a plastic squeezable tube, so it's easy to control the amount you want to distribute. I recommend applying with a lip brush for more precision. The purpose of lip stains can be two-fold because they are also widely used as blush colors for the cheeks. If you're interested in using them as blush colors, just squeeze a small amount onto the back of your hand and apply using a foundation (or a large concealer) brush. Please note that the product dries quickly, so when you apply the color onto your cheeks blend as soon as possible.
2. Long-wearing lip colors are rising in popularity, so a wider range of colors are becoming available. They provide medium to full coverage, so there's no need to feel as though you have to reapply to achieve a fresh look. Use a lip brush to apply the color and make sure you distribute evenly. Allow it to dry by waiting a couple of minutes. Because it tends to be somewhat drying to the lips, most long-wearing lip colors come with lip gloss so you can apply a thin layer after the color has dried completely. The ones I've tried were a complete success, but it's important to know that the product cannot be easily removed with soap and water. It's a good idea to have makeup remover on hand when you want to remove it.
3. Matte Lipstick come in various colors within every cosmetic line. They are available in medium to full coverage as well, and contain no luster to the finish. I highly recommend it if you have a busy lifestyle, and don't want to think about reapplying your lip color throughout the day. Matte lipsticks are easy to apply and remove, and there's no need to use a lip brush during the application process, although I am partial to the precise application of lip brushes for ultimate beautiful lips.
Makeup tips for lips:
* Once you have applied your lip liner and lip color, use a wedge sponge to apply sheer powder around the border of the mouth. This "barrier" of sheer powder will prevent your lip color from bleeding during the day.
* A personal favorite of mine is to find a lip liner that is the same color that I want to wear on my lips. I "fill in" my lips with the liner first, and apply a luster lipstick or lip gloss on top for added color or modification. It works like a charm for beautiful lips, and the color lasts all day!
* Apply a thin layer of lipstick, then dust on a very small amount of sheer powder onto the lips. Apply a second coat of lipstick after that for true staying power!
Author: Nedra Hines
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com
Tips For Choosing the Best Columbus, Ohio Hair Salon