Lipstick Lore**Choose the right colour,Fair skin tones are flattered by blue-undertone reds,Apply lip liner just outside your lip line or at the outermost edge...
Choose the right colour
With so many lipstick shades available at every departmental and cosmetic store, it can be hard to decide which one to pick up. Just because you like a particular shade, does not mean it will suit you. So how do you find out which colours are best for you?
As a rough guide, remember:
* Fair skin tones are flattered by blue-undertone reds, light pinks, honey, mocha and beige with pink undertones.
* Medium skin tones look good in rich reds, brownish pinks and medium browns from mocha to caramel.
* Darker skins like brownish reds and plums, sheer pinks, pink-glossed beige and virtually any shade of brown.
Once you've found the colour that's bang-on target, you're almost done - but not quite! The trick lies in the application.
Read on, and get ready to knock 'em dead!
Play them down!
Lips can never be too fat. Well. almost never. So if you feel you've got more than your share of lip, here's what you can do:
* Define your lips with a lip pencil by lining them just inside the natural lip line.
* Fill in with the same colour lipstick as your lip pencil. It is always advisable to use a lip brush.
* Use a dark, matte lipstick as these make lips appear thinner. Glossy lipsticks give an illusion of fullness, so stay away from them.
* Dab your lips with a little bit of powder, to tone them down. Et voila! You're all set for a night on the town!
Play them up!
So who said too much sex appeal is injurious to health? If you're looking to get hot, in-your-face lips that really stand out, here's what to do:
* Apply lip liner just outside your lip line or at the outermost edge. Whatever you do, don't try to make lips look thicker by drawing on an artificial outline that's outside your natural lip line.
* Follow with lipstick. The shade could be lighter than the lip pencil. This gives the illusion of depth.
* Use frosted shades, and load on the gloss. Stay away from matte lipsticks, or follow with a touch of gloss.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/
Tips For Choosing the Best Columbus, Ohio Hair Salon